Browse the list below and click the question of your choice for the answer.
Year 2 Improvement Summary - Implemented August 2015:
• New Sunday Service on Ypsilanti Local Routes, originally planned for May 2016
• Extended Service on Route 6 to Ypsilanti on Sundays
• Increased Frequency on Route 46
• More Frequent Service on Route 2C-now Route 65
• New Route 67 Platt-MI Ave
• Later Saturday and Sunday Service
• Later Hours for A-Ride on Weekends
Year 3 Improvement Summary - Implemented May 2016:
• 12 More Routes
• More frequent and more direct service
• Expanded A-Ride Service for people with disabilities on new routes 26, 27, 29 and 30
• New route names and numbers to make the system easier to understand and use
• New Routes 26, 29, and 30 for more connections between Scio Township and Ann Arbor
Year 3 Improvement Summary Continued - Implemented August 2016:
• New Route 61: Service between Costco and office parks south of Ellsworth on State Rd.
• Increased Frequency on Route 6 to every 15 minutes on weekdays between Downtown Ann Arbor and Meijer (Carpenter Rd.)
Year 4 Improvement Summary - Implemented September 2017:
• FlexRide, a pilot service, providing shared-ride transportation in southeastern Ypsilanti Township started September 27.
Year 4 Improvement Summary Continued - Implemented January 2018:
• New Route 81 Ypsilanti Township Express service between Ypsilanti Township and Ann Arbor began service on January 29, 2018.
• Continue assessment of previously implemented services. Modify service to provide better connections and improve performance based on customer feedback and data analysis.
An initial review of services added in 2014 and 2015 was completed in Winter 2016. Revisions to service based on that review were implemented in Fall 2017.
Services added in 2015, 2016, and 2017 are currently under review as part of a comprehensive service analysis. Proposals for changes to service from that analysis will be submitted to the public for review.
Continuing analysis of service will be completed as part of an annual service review process beginning in 2019.
• Adjustments to Route 32 to provide more direct service for N. Maple Road.
• Added more frequent service on Route 6, including service to Costco, originally scheduled for August 2017.
• Added Route 61: Airport-Avis Farms in Pittsfield Twp. Service was originally part of the planned SalineExpress (not implemented because the City of Saline elected not to proceed.)
• Added service to LeForge Road on Route 3 instead of including it on Route 41.
• Implemented Sunday service in Ypsilanti, originally scheduled for May 2016
• Expanded midday capacity on Route 2C, originally scheduled for August 2014
• Eastern Michigan University shuttle not revised as planned because EMU elected to keep existing routes
• Route 67 implemented in August 2015 instead of 2014 as a result of a contractual agreement with Pittsfield Township
• SalineExpress was not implemented because the City of Saline chose not to proceed with the route
• New Saturday service on 13, 14 was scheduled for August 2015, implemented 1 year early
• Route 3 was originally planned to run until 11:15pm, it is currently running until 10:42pm
Copyright 2017 // Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority / 2700 S. Industrial Hwy. / Ann Arbor, MI 48104 / 734.973.6500
Frequently Asked Questions