Copyright 2017 // Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority / 2700 S. Industrial Hwy. / Ann Arbor, MI 48104 / 734.973.6500
Browse the list below and click the question of your choice for the answer.
Year 2 Improvement Summary - Implemented August 2015:
• New Sunday Service on Ypsilanti Local Routes, originally planned for May 2016
• Extended Service on Route 6 to Ypsilanti on Sundays
• Increased Frequency on Route 46
• More Frequent Service on Route 2C-now Route 65
• New Route 67 Platt-MI Ave
• Later Saturday and Sunday Service
• Later Hours for A-Ride on Weekends
Year 3 Improvement Summary - Implemented May 2016:
• 12 More Routes
• More frequent and more direct service
• Expanded A-Ride Service for people with disabilities on new routes 26, 27, 29 and 30
• New route names and numbers to make the system easier to understand and use
• New Routes 26, 29, and 30 for more connections between Scio Township and Ann Arbor
Year 3 Improvement Summary Continued - Implemented August 2016:
• New Route 61: Service between Costco and office parks south of Ellsworth on State Rd.
• Increased Frequency on Route 6 to every 15 minutes on weekdays between Downtown Ann Arbor and Meijer (Carpenter Rd.)
Year 4 Improvement Summary - Implemented September 2017:
• FlexRide, a pilot service, providing shared-ride transportation in southeastern Ypsilanti Township started September 27.
Year 4 Improvement Summary Continued - Implemented January 2018:
• New Route 81 Ypsilanti Township Express service between Ypsilanti Township and Ann Arbor began service on January 29, 2018.
• Continue assessment of previously implemented services. Modify service to provide better connections and improve performance based on customer feedback and data analysis.
Services Implemented: August 2014
Begin Initial Service Review: Winter 2016
Potential Adjustment: Fall 2017
Services Implemented: August 2015
Begin Initial Service Review: Winter 2017
Potential Adjustment: Fall 2018
Services Implemented: May 2016
Begin Initial Service Review: Winter 2018
Potential Adjustment: Fall 2019
Services Implemented: August 2017
Begin Initial Service Review: Winter 2019
Potential Adjustment: Fall 2020
• Adjustments to Route 32 to provide more direct service for N. Maple Road.
• Added more frequent service on Route 6, including service to Costco, originally scheduled for August 2017.
• Added Route 61: Airport-Avis Farms in Pittsfield Twp. Service was originally part of the planned SalineExpress (not implemented because the City of Saline elected not to proceed.)
• Added service to LeForge Road on Route 3 instead of including it on Route 41.
• Implemented Sunday service in Ypsilanti, originally scheduled for May 2016
• Expanded midday capacity on Route 2C, originally scheduled for August 2014
• Eastern Michigan University shuttle not revised as planned because EMU elected to keep existing routes
• Route 67 implemented in August 2015 instead of 2014 as a result of a contractual agreement with Pittsfield Township
• SalineExpress was not implemented because the City of Saline chose not to proceed with the route
• New Saturday service on 13, 14 was scheduled for August 2015, implemented 1 year early
• Route 3 was originally planned to run until 11:15pm, it is currently running until 10:42pm
Frequently Asked Questions